Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Another step closer

I am officially registered and have my plane ticket for Mission Training International in Colorado August 3-21! I will be in their SPLICE program - here is a little excerpt from their website describing the program:

SPLICE’s three-week, pre-departure program is designed to help you–and your family–develop the practical skills and attitudes that will successfully take you through the challenging and rewarding process of being interwoven with another culture.

SPLICE focuses on your skill and character development in six vital areas:

Spiritual
Personal
Lifestyle
Interpersonal
Cultural
Endure/Enjoy

Moving from one culture to another, with all of the accompanying value differences, is similar to the process of splicing together the strands of two pieces of rope. Splices are never invisible, but, as any sailor knows, the completed splice becomes the strongest part of the rope.

I am so excited about this new step toward getting to the DR! You can check out MTI's website at www.mti.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment