Lest you think that missionary training is always easy and fun... last week was not. I experienced the closest thing to burnout that I maybe have ever experienced. I didn't want to go to school, I didn't want to do my homework, I didn't really want to do anything! I sent out an SOS email on Thursday night and was unbelievably encouraged by the responses I received. THANK YOU! Thanks to lots of prayer and a wonderful visit with Paige on Saturday (pictures and stories coming soon!), I am doing much better now. The end is near! I leave Antigua Saturday at 5:00 a.m., spend 5 hours in Miami (Pumpkin Spice Lattes, anyone?!), and then head to the DR. I am confident that God will get me through this week as He has sustained me through these past 5 weeks. I am determined to enjoy my last week of fall temperatures, jeans and hoodies, and hot water. And I look forward to seeing Molly on Sunday and being reunited with my roommate Lauren Tuesday night!
Some things I have been pondering these past few days...
"Love your solitude and try to sing out from the pain it causes you." - Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet
"We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on You." - 2 Chronicles 20:12
I'm going to leave you with a song (you probably guessed that, right?) that has sustained me through the last week, and really through the past two months, "Always Been Faithful" by Sara Groves.
Morning by morning, I wake up to find the power and comfort of God's hand in mine.
Season by season, I watch him, amazed, in awe of the mystery of his perfect ways.
All I have need of, his hand will provide. He's always been faithful to me.
I can't remember a trial or a pain he did not recycle to bring me gain.
I can't remember a single regret in serving God only, and trusting his hand.
All I have need of, his hand will provide. He's always been faithful to me.
This is my anthem, this is my song, the theme of the stories I've heard for so long:
God has been faithful, he will be again. His loving compassion, it knows no end.
All I have need of, his hand will provide. He's always been faithful to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment