It's been rather rainy lately. As in all day, every day. (Stay tuned for a post about my rainy Thanksgiving camping adventure!) Rain means flooded roads, flooded rivers, and flooded houses. It means leaky ceilings (in my classroom, not my house) and early dismissals - we have to leave school before the river rises again and becomes impassable. Rain means wading through the river when it's too high to get the trucks across, and rain means screams from the men riding in the back of the truck with an umbrella when the downpour starts! It means low attendance, winter coats and hats, muddy footprints in my classroom, and worrying about getting colds. Rain means sweatpants and hoodies, wearing socks to bed, drinking tea and coffee at all hours of the day/night, soup, baking (favorite!), and wet laundry. It also, sadly, means not going to the beach for a few weeks (horrible, I know...).
But in the midst of the rain, I have found joyful moments. First, watching my coworkers cross the river yesterday. I, the smart gringa, wore Chacos and waded right through. Two of my coworkers, however, had worn socks, leather shoes, and nice pants. They did NOT want to get wet. Check it out:
Also, we finally saw the sun this morning! I rode in the back of the truck to soak up as many rays as I could.
it brings me so much joy to know you're still enjoying the rainy, wading river day. and i'm glad to hear your putting my chacos to good use. love you. so hard.
ReplyDelete