Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Easter!

It's that time of year again... time for a sponsorship project! This one is for Easter, so I decided to go with the simple yet classic "Tissue papered Easter egg" craft. The kids actually loved making them, and we got through almost all 250 of them in 3 days, which is great and meant that I only had to miss one day of teaching! Yep, that's right. Reading specialist by morning, English teacher by afternoon, and sponsorship coordinator in the in-between... you do the math! Needless to say, I have been a little busy lately, but I LOVE it!

So here's a little glimpse of the sponsorship coordinator part of my job. If you will be the lucky recipient of one of these eggs, know that the kids love you and love crafts!

(Disclaimer: I know it's Lent, but I have deadlines. Plus they don't do Lent here except for the carnival part... they don't really do Easter Sunday either, but Holy Week is a really big deal. I'll tell you all about it after I've experienced it for the first time!)

Clockwise from top left: Brayan working, eggs, Jonas - pro egg maker, the finished product!, me overseeing some hardworking students, little ones working on fine motor skills... crumpling tissue paper is harder than it looks when you're 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment